Disclaimer

Prefix: The Legal Stuff: All opinions expressed in this blog are mine and may have been previously disseminated by me either accidental or knowingly. My opinions are just that my opinion, and should not be relied upon as such. Past performance of a stock or fund is not indicative of future results. No guarantee to any specific outcome or profit is meant or implied. My investments or strategies mentions in this blog may not be suitable for you and you should make your own independent decision regarding them. My material does not take into account your particular investment objective or objectives, financial situation or needs and is not intended as a recommendation appropriate for you. You should consider seeking advice from your own investment adviser before making any purchase or investment. I am expressing opinions; I am NOT inducing you to make a particular investment or follow a particular strategy, but only expressing an opinion. I am doing this mainly for my children and friends, you are reading this with my permission. I change my mind and opinion and will do so without notice, you need to be aware you have real risk of loss in following any strategy or investment. You may get back less than you invest, negative return or loss. I want you to use what I have learned and make independent decisions regarding investments or strategies I mention before acting. You always need to consider whether it is suitable for you and your particular circumstances.

Saturday, September 8, 2012

6th Stock


Farming and Food Production

In review you now have 5 stocks and 1 ETF.  Consolidated Edison Inc. (ED) or another utility, Kraft Foods Inc. (KFT) or another food stock, Eaton Corp (ETN) or another industrial stock, and U.S. Bancorp (USB) or some other financial (Bank) stock of choice, an oil or gas my recommendation was Chevron Corp (CVX).  Last pick was an metal stock my recommendation was copper ore Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. (FCX) but any metal mining sector stock would do.  Remember you can own any stock in the sector not the one I recommend.  I like the SPDR Gold Shares Trust GLD.  
 
Let us go back to “The Limits to Growth” the study by Graham Turner, my next recommendation stock number six is a food production stock.  Notice I have created my own Sector.  Well I did that for your fifth stock pick too.  Notice in the gold line Food per capita.  Innovation and new technologies have bent the line upward.  But the problem and only problem is how many people can we support on earth?  I don’t know.  What I do know is when I was in High School the population was under 4 billion.  Now we have almost 7 billion.  The population growth line is from the lower left to the upper right and goes straight up.   http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/  We can stop making ethanol to feed more people, but unlike me most of the world doesn’t worry about loosing weight, but go to bed hungry now.  The population can’t keep doubling.  More people are eating meat too, which is wasteful if your goal is to feed as many people as possible, one ounce of meat takes 20 ounces of grain to produce.  http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/18-million-u-households-struggling-feed-families-212702600.html


So I will tell you stocks that fit into this new sector.  E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Co (DD) agriculture division that makes and sells hybrid seed and genetically modified seed, Monsanto Co (MON) seeds, Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan, Inc. (POT) fertilizer, Deere & Company (DE) farm equipment, Tractor Supply Company (TSCO) the Home Depot of farming country.

These companies are interesting.  They are not the only interesting stocks just a few I watch.  I don’t own a agriculture sector stock yet.  If pressed I would pick a fertilizer stock.  POT is interesting to me just because it is a valuable commodity in limited supply, also it is located in Canada.  Any agriculture stock will do to diversify your portfolio.  This not enough food too many people eating is a long term tread.  Until the human population stabalizes or starts decreasing this is something you can count on to build your wealth.http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/vegetarian-2050-190426669.html

No comments:

Post a Comment